Internal Audit Department is an independent appraisal function, established within UETCL. It operates as a service to management measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance systems.
- To develop and formulate audit plans that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of company operations.
- To implement an effective risk management system and perform internal Audits of high quality based on a business risk focused approach.
- To provide full coverage of all auditable areas and continuously perform such audits and assignments that will add value to the company.
- Develop an annual audit plan in risks and controls identified by management and Audit Committee.
- Develop an anti-fraud and corruption strategy in accordance with the company policies, laws and regulations.
- Adhere to professional internal auditing standards and constantly up grading with changes in professional practice.