The department is comprised of three sections;
- To operate and maintain the transmission Grid Assets and local Dispatch facilities in a safe manner in accordance with international prudent utility practices.
- To maximize security by improving on the operational schemes.
- To improve the availability of the transmission network through a planned preventive maintenance strategy.
- To ensure accuracy of energy metering systems and dispatch facilities to all UETCL customers.
- To ensure safety of staff and safeguard Company assets.
- To ensure the maximum availability of the SCADA system in order to enhance power system control and monitoring.